Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not Feeling the Love

I'm only 9 days in and I'm already hitting a speed bump with my blogging. I can not think of a joyful, loving topic to write about today. I started one with a list of things (celebrities, fads, products) that I don't love. I've been stewing this one for a while, and now that I've written it, I'm not sure I'm going to publish it.

Part of me feels it's only fair to show you that side of me. But then I also know there's already so much negativity out there and I don't know that I need to add to it. Plus, some of the things I don't love are things that people I love really love or at least like a lot, and me not loving those things could come across like me not loving those people, and that's not true at all. So, I'll let that one stew a little bit longer.

I think it's just one of those days. A number of petty occurrences that in tomorrow's light won't matter much, but today just had me crashing after the sugar high of yesterday's birthday love (and cake).

I just have to decide. Decide to be thankful. I have so much to be thankful for. For example:
- A car that works great and is currently full of loaned baby stuff and remnants of a great weekend with great friends.
- Friends who pray for me and listen to the voice of God.
- Blueberry- Seriously, after all the years of praying and waiting, that there is this little person in me who is able to hear me and kick me should be enough to blow away any grey clouds that loom.

That's all for tonight. What helps you kick the blues to the curb?

3 comments:

  1. Calling or talking to the one person I know that can make me smile or laugh no matter what is going on. And if that doesn't work...Chocolate or Cake! HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worship music helps me... and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...