Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's in my hand?

Have you ever been looking for your keys when they're in your hand? Or for your sun/glasses when they're on your head? This is an age-old piece of advice, but one that remains true.

Sometimes what we're looking for is right in front of us. Sometimes it's actually in our hands.

This can be true for so many things, from the practical items mentioned above to the biggest life decisions. So many people who have searched high and low for their spouse find him or her in their very own social circle. More people find jobs now by networking than any other way. It's all about who is in your life right now, what is right in front of you.

Somebody once said that most of the time in life all we can do is make the next right choice. We may not know what lies ahead 10, 20 years down the road. But if we have a right thing to do or say today, that's a big step in the right direction.

Of course, sometimes you did leave your sunglasses on the metro and many people do meet through eHarmony, and there's much wisdom and life lessons to be gained on an adventurous search.

I was just thinking about what to write my blog about tonight while I was digging through my purse for my keys. Turns out they were in my hand. And so was my blog topic.

How about you? Do you have any life experiences that resonate or clash with this thought?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, watch for my next blog post. I think they are related :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...