Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Dirty Looks/Thumbs Ups

Dirty Looks /Thumbs Ups will be a recurring column about things I see that I like or dislike. Mostly it is about people or events I see while I'm driving that I can't or won't express my feelings for at the time. Let's get started.

Dirty Look
The first award goes to the lady in the minivan at the stoplight across from me. I was waiting to turn left. She was texting. She looked up, saw the green light, and proceeded to finish her text before coming through the intersection. I text at stoplights too, if I have to. But when it's green, it's time to GO!!!!

Thumbs Up
This goes to a big guy jogging today. Apparently, this guy hasn't discovered running technical gear, ie; sweat wicking shirts and stuff. This was a pretty hot day in Tulsa and as he was in heavy cotton, he was completely soaked. Now usually when I see people running, I'm pretty proud of them. But when they're running in an outfit or thermostat reading that I'm too pampered to run outside in, well that's just worthy of my first Thumbs Up.

Dirty Look
States that don't have helmet laws for motorcycles. Oklahoma is one. Still, people should wear helmets even if it's not the law.

Thumbs Up
Tulsa Walmarts. Clean, stocked, nice people actually working there. Seems simple, but not a concept the stores in the DC area grasp.

Dirty Look
Service companies who won't quote you a price on the phone, or change the price they quote you once they've performed the service.

Thumbs Up
A oldies song I've never heard played on the radio. I can't find it online, but the gist of it was that there were all these depressing songs on the radio and why not sing about life and love and happy things. One particularly clever lyric was something like "if all these bad things happen to all these singers, pretty soon, I'm going to be the only one left for you to listen to." I'd love to find the song again and will post it here if I do.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...