Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

counting

1,454 days
34,896 hours
2,093,760 minutes
125,625,600 seconds and counting

This is how long I've had the pleasure, responsibility, challenge and pure joy of being married to John. (Our anniversary is the 14th-more to come on this)

I can't count the kisses, laughs, tears, or prayers we've shared. I can't count the meals, cups of coffee, loads of dishes or laundry, or text messages. I can't measure the pain of being separated nor the joy of reunion. I could probably count the number of movies we've agreed were good (5 or 6- we have very different tastes!).

In Psalms 90:12, the psalmist requests of God, "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

I want to count the right things about my married days and I want the right things to count.

1 comment:

  1. ooooh. count the right things and make the right things count. that's a great pearl right there.

    love you!

    ___________________
    www.gritandglory.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...