Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Darn you, Pottery Barn!

I want this.

It's a "Found Dough Bowl," described in the latest Pottery Barn catalog as such:

"In the first half of the last century, bakers at farmhouses in Hungary and other Eastern European countries used these hand-carved solid-pine bowls for bread making. Each bears individual marks of use and history, and is entirely unique."

They are also $199, so I will never buy one. But I want one.

I don't know if I could ever purchase something Pottery Barn advertised as uniquely historical after watching the Apothecary's Table episode of Friends. I did look for bowls like this in some antique stores and all they had was "recreations" of old bowls, for about $85-$100. Again, not gonna pay that much for some old-looking wood.

I also don't know how this applies to you unless you happen to be in an antique store and see something like this for around $30.

I guess this is what you get when I put off blogging until 11pm. I was going to tell you all about my awesome nephew Solomon and the school he gets to go to and how you can help. Maybe tomorrow. One thing I know for sure is that every dime I spend on this subject will be much better spent than on that darn old bread bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...