Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's time I told you

There's something I have to get off my chest. It's this bit of knowledge I have gained and looking around me day after day, I feel like nobody else knows. I know, a blog with 10 readers isn't necessarily the world's greatest platform, but you have to start somewhere, right?

You know how on an escalator, you put your hand on the moving handrail? Have you ever noticed that you have to keep readjusting your hand because your hand is creeping up ahead of you? If you don't put your hand on that communal conveyor belt of germs, then just watch the next time you're on one. You'll notice everyone whose got their hand on the rail will be slowly tipping forward as they go up or down, then subconsciously, and almost simultaneously, pulling their hands back to stay upright.

Why? Because the hand rail always moves slightly faster than the stairs. I have been watching this for about 4 years now and I've yet to see one that moves at exactly the same pace. I can't put my hand on the rail knowing this, it would just get too annoying, but nobody else seems to care. But, maybe it's cause nobody knows, so I'm doing my part to share this with the world. There. I feel better. You?

2 comments:

  1. I always thought it moved slower.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've noticed that before too! as for me, i try to avoid touching the handrail at all costs. nast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...