45) I found this cartoon to go along with my blog about cartoon bears and toilet paper:
46) Gifts to be given to a sibling group of 3 currently in foster care. There is joy certainly in giving, but this giving was made possible because a friend of mine got her dream job working for the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute.
47) Remember Joy 26? (hint, it was a trip to IKEA with a new friend) While we were having lunch in the cafeteria, this little bird paid us a visit. Normally, an animal fluttering around where one eats (inside) is not a good thing, but this little one was quite delightful (though it didn't sit still long enough for a good picture).
48) Cookie Brownie Bars. Must have been invented by a pregnant woman.
49) My husband doing what he loves, working on his Jeep.
50) We went to visit our first foster baby, Baby F. She is 10 1/2 months old, and is doing so well!! She's speed crawling, pulling up, has two bottom teeth, can high-five and has the sweetest, sunniest personality. She came to me right away and warmed up to John in about 5 seconds. She's currently with her older cousin (coincidentally named Joy?) while her mommy, E, is struggling to get her act together.
51) This weekend has been a tough one for my family in Oklahoma. On Friday night, my 3-yr-old nephew Solomon, was admitted to the hospital because he was having difficulty breathing and a rash, among other symptoms. Since then, they have diagnosed him with Toxic Shock Syndrome due to the spread of a strep or staph infection into his blood. For the past few days, he has been on a ventilator and heavy sedation to help him breathe and sleep. Why is this a joy? I have loved seeing the online and IRL community come around my family in their time of need. I can't be there in person, but knowing they are well taken care of and have people all over the world praying for them gives me joy. (You can be sure of another joy reported when he goes home all better!)