Somehow I've made it almost all the way through this month of joys without sharing one of my main sources of joy - The Bible.
But with so much to meditate on in the Word, I needed to pick a theme, so I decided to illustrate a few Scriptures with the progression of my belly and ultrasound pictures. I hope you enjoy them (and forgive me for a few out-of-context-but-funny-or-appropriate selections!).
70) For there is nothing hidden which will not be revealed, nor has anything been kept secret but that it should come to light. Mark 4:22 (not quite showing yet)
71) For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3 (not finding out the gender)
72) For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord. Luke 1:44-45 (around this time I really could feel Blueberry moving)
73) Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Psalm 127:3 (ah, back in the cute bump days)
74) I was cast upon You from birth. From My mother’s womb You have been My God. Psalm 22:10
75) The LORD has done great things for us, and we are glad. Psalm 126:3
76) Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalm 126:5
77) For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14
78) When the LORD your God enlarges your border as He has promised you, and you say, ‘Let me eat meat,’ because you long to eat meat, you may eat as much meat as your heart desires. Deuteronomy 12:20 (I know this is out of context, but isn't it true to the approach we sometimes take to eating when we are pregnant? Plus, I do feel that God is enlarging my borders as promised!)
79) My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. Psalm 139:15-16 (Even though Blueberry is playing peek-a-boo here, I love knowing s/he will never be hidden from the loving eyes of God.)
80) Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. I Timothy 4:14-15 (Again, I know it's out of context, but I have felt my pregnancy is a literal depiction of this passage. This baby's life is a gift, given after much prayer with laying on of hands. As I have taken care of this unborn baby, learning all I can about it and preparing myself for my entire life to be changed, my progress (physically at least!) is evident to all.)
PS: I get lots of comments that I am not that big. I actually have been measuring a few weeks small, which is why I got to have the two extra 33-and 37-week ultrasounds. Fortunately, Blueberry is measuring just a few days small, so well within the acceptable range. But believe me, I FEEL huge and have gained more than the average share of weight, so there.