Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Organized Me Temporarily Escapes!

Some people say they are a young person trapped in an old person's body (or vice versa). Some people say they are a skinny person trapped in a not-so-skinny person's body.

Me? I think I'm an organized person trapped in a lazy person's body.

Which makes days like today SO gratifying.

I locked the dog out of the kitchen with a bar stool and organized my dish cabinet.

Here's the before:




Here's the after:



I don't think the pictures convey the sheer impressiveness of this, but you'll just have to take my word for it. It's much better now.

Did you notice the magazines kindof folded up and shoved off to the side in the before picture? Those are issues of Cooking Light that mysteriously started showing up to my house in the name of the last owner, but 3 years after they moved. She said I could keep them, so I did and enjoyed using them, but didn't know what to do with them. Then, I got an idea.....

I cut out all the recipes I had used or think I'll use and put them in sheet protectors, and voila!





 My own cookbook!




Ahhhh... now the organized Anna can go back into hiding for a few more years, while the lazy Anna trips over the barstool blocking the kitchen.

Have you done any organizing projects you're proud of lately? Please, inspire us!

2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I didn't think the "before" was very bad?? :D Good job Anna! I can't wait to do the same with my cooking magazines someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cook book. I also didn't think the "before" was that bad, maybe it was just the picture though

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...