Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Every Day Ayla - Month 4



I simply marvel at this gift I've been given. My little girl is one of my favorite people in the world. I really like her. She's funny and smart and thoughtful. I noticed in this month's pictures, I have fewer of her smiling. It's not because she doesn't smile, because she smiles and laughs all the time. But when she sees the camera, she usually stops and just looks at it like she's trying to figure it out.

Her favorite thing to do right now is put her head back as far as it will go and look up, like she wants to see the world upsidedown. She's also started sucking on her bottom lip to make a little slurping noise. It's really cute!


She rolled over from her belly to her back a few weeks ago, but I think it was an accident and it scared her, so she started crying. She didn't try it again for a while, but on the 11th, I found her on her back after two of her naps (yes, she sleeps on her belly), so I guess she did it again! We'll see how long it takes me to get it on camera!

She loves sucking on her fingers or on anything she can put in her mouth. She smiles at everyone she sees, but I think she has special smiles just for me. She will start laughing at me and throws her head back, so I kiss under her chin, which she just loves and squeals with glee. She loves her daddy, too, and goes to sleep much faster when he puts her down. He's got the magic touch!

She's still a great sleeper, though she's currently rearranging her nap schedule, so she keeps me on my toes. At night, she goes to bed around 8:30, then wakes up at 4:30 to eat and goes right back to sleep until around 8.

During her 4-month appointment, the doctor said I could start giving her rice cereal, but I don't know if I'm ready for that. I kind of like that she's exclusively breastfed, and she's so sweet and chunky, I think she's getting along just fine. Do you all have any opinions about when to start? (Who am I kidding, of course you have opinions! That's why you're my friends!)

Enough talking about her, here's her daily pictures from month 4. (For review, here's months 1 and 2, and 3)

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. Those eyes!!

    We were also given the ok on rice cereal at 4 months, but I wasn't ready and I don't think Lily was either. I started the day she turned 5 months. It was a bit sloppy at first, but within a week she was doing great. I stuck with that for two weeks before introducing oatmeal, followed by fruits (banana) and veggies (carrots) when she was about 6 months.

    I'm sure Ayla will do great whenever you decide to start! It's a whole new world, I must say, and I do miss exclusively breastfeeding. Still, it's fun to watch them discover new tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!!! Dr's are so funny! There is no need to do rice cereal at all really...and there is no research to prove it helps them sleep longer...(although some moms swear by it) if anything it just sits in their tummy and rots at four months. Anyway, I highly recomend the book "Baby lead weaning" it's SO easy and hassle free!! Sounds like you've very instinctive!! Well done mama x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She so cute when she sucks her bottom lip! Who am I kidding? She's so cute when she does anything!! :)
    As for food...there's no reason to start early if she is doing fine without it. Skylar was my earliest eater at 5 months. She had started waking up earlier and earlier each morning so we started with some oatmeal at night. Rice just makes them constipated. I didn't add veggies until well into her 6th month. By Bailey I didn't mind adding an additional feeding with breastmilk so she didn't eat solids until almost 7 months. She started with avocados and real peas. At that age they are starting to get the pincer grasp so grabbing things and putting them in their mouth is natural. I still fed her with a spoon because it's good for them to learn, but she was MUCH happier to do it herself :) With Reagan and Skylar I made all my own baby food from organic veggies and fruits. By Bailey I just gave her a little of what we were eating.

    If she's happy, and gaining weight, and sleeping well, I would hold off for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...