Monday, May 31, 2010

An Airman's Tribute

I slept in today, my husband curled up beside me.

For her, another sleepless night passed, the other side of the bed still empty.


I enjoyed a four-day weekend.

For her, four months feels like four years, forever.



I got great deals at weekend sales.

For her, the ends still don't seem to meet as they used to.



I enjoyed cookouts, friends and the sun.

She placed another set of flowers on the lonely grave.


I will pause at 3pm today to remember.

She will pause at 3pm today to remember.



My Memorial Day is made possible because of her Memorial Day.

Tomorrow I will put on my boots, proudly salute and go to work to honor his sacrifice. Her sacrifice. Their sacrifice.

I will be grateful for the chance I have to serve in this great nation's military, a backbone to America's calling of offering freedom and opportunity for all.


2 comments:

  1. Such a touching post. Huge thanks to you and all who serve and sacrifice for our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Everyone should read this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget