Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

My mission today

This is a first, y'all. I'm blogging before I'm usually awake. This must be special!

 I'm only gonna take a minute here, so please forgive the hurried nature.

Today, I'm meeting with Baby Z's parents again. After our last meeting, my social worker said she almost cried at the way I was treated. I've been praying for them all week and I'm determined that even if it goes poorly again, I will respond in love.

This is my mission today. To be poured out and broken for this family. To show them God's love like they've never seen.  I believe God placed this baby with us so we could be a part of restoring this family to Him.

I've been in some pretty heated "discussions" with people I'm blood-related to, and I still love them and would do anything for them. So that's how I'm going to treat this young mom and dad. (Not get in an argument with them, of course, but show them the "in-spite-of" love.)

I know I'm writing this like it's going to be easy, but I'm writing it precisely because it's not going to be easy. This is the type of situation that would normally make me want to retreat behind a shield and try to get my heart as far away from as possible. But I believe that God made my heart so sensitive because there's something special He wants to do with it.

So I have to believe that as I surrender my heart to Him, He will protect me. I pray that this family sees the goodness of God and is willing to let Him take their hurt and pride in exchange for His peace and love. Will you pray that with me, too?

This is my mission today. What's yours?

5 comments:

  1. So cool how God's love goes so much further than the depths of their hurt and anger! Also, it is awesome how God put you in this situation because he knew you would show HIS love! Praying and thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying Anna! May you have the grace of God and may his patience flow through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God put you on Brian's heart yesterday and today so we have been praying for you guys. There's a sign I saw at a craft store. I didn't buy it because I have that "I could make that for cheaper" mentality, but the phrase has stuck with me. It said, "Speak in Love, Walk in Grace." Praying that for you today....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you are. I pray that they will continue to see Jesus in you. Hope the meeting went well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...