Blogging is becoming like scrapbooking to me. Well, I don't actually scrapbook, but I have always meant to. So I keep all these scraps of memorabilia to put in a scrapbook someday, but I have so much to catch up on, I just keep putting it off and keep collecting things.
I feel like these past few days I've just been collecting scraps of things I need to blog about but I haven't had made the time, so I'm gonna experiment with something I'll call 10-Sentence Tuesday.
In no particular order:
1) Baby Z is doing well, although he has some thrush in his mouth and a fungal infection around his "diaper area."
2) This, and other factors made yesterday (Monday) a rough go with his birth parents during both a "Bridging the Gap" meeting and a doctor's appointment.
3) We were able to find some common ground with our tattoos and Native-American backgrounds, but they are still very defensive, confused and broken people.
4) I didn't get into the PhD program I applied for at the University of Maryland, and since I'm not that surprised, I'm still processing why God had me go through the process.
5) With the PhD door closed (for now), I am praying about what my next steps should be for both the immediate and long-term future.
6) It looks like I will spend most of the next 4 months working in a Reserve capacity in the local area.
7) I will be doing two weeks starting next Tuesday at Andrews AFB to help with the annual Joint Service Open House.
8) Baby Z will go into respite for those two weeks, then probably come back to us; if I continue working, he will go into daycare.
9) It also looks like I will take cooking classes at L’Academie de Cuisine in nearby Gaithersburg, MD.
10) John and I are trying to figure out what to do for our 5th anniversary (in August), so suggestions are appreciated.
Well, there you have it. What's going on in your world?