Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

The French Like Their Legs: June 2006


(This is from when I was deployed to Manas Air Base, Kyrgyzstan from May-Oct 2006)

I figure it's finally time to blog a little about life so far deployed to Manas Air Base Kyrgyzstan. There's alot to tell, but since those e-mails with the one liners are so popular, I'll try this in that style.

-The weather is awesome, cool in the morning and evening, gets pretty warm (upper 80s) in day

-The dorm walls are very thin, but at least we have walls instead of a tent flap

-The dining facility is open 24 hours, but so is the gym

-12 hour work days are the norm, but it goes by fast

-People here have great attitudes and it's infectious

-I feel like I'm doing what I came into the AF to do for the first time in 5 years

-I really miss my husband

-I want one of those cool phones the people in the Tribulation Force had (see the Left Behind series) so I can call anyone anywhere

-We have Spanish and French coalition forces stationed here too

-The French military uniforms include shorts, which is just odd to see

-The French special forces wear really short gym shorts

-So, I gather...

-The French like their legs, alot....

-There's only one place on base I can access MySpace, a very hip internet cafe called Green Bean Cafe, and I have to pay to use the internet, so that's why I haven't taken the time to blog.

-But now I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...